MetaURI is a free service that follows all redirects for a given URI and then gives you back meta information about that final URI in a variety of formats.
Enter a URI into the field on the right, select the output type and click Go. To choose between HTML, JSON, YAML & XML output formats simply click the appropriate button under the search field.
Alternatively, hit http://www.metauri.com/show?uri=... where '...' is the uri you want meta information about. You will have to escape that yourself, of course.
- High quality redirection following (eg. uses YouTube API to allow a high volume of requests)
- Response includes final URI, content-type, title, last modified, status, and character set
- Responses can be formatted in HTML, JSON, YAML, and XML
- Server-side caching for high performance
- Follows some non-status redirects eg. meta tag redirects
We encourage people to write APIs to make this service easier to use. When you write an API, you will need to provide the ability to alter the 'User-Agent' header on a per application basis. By default MetaURI limits your requests per minute (see the key section for details) so users of your API will need the ability to set their key in the user agent field.
Below is a list of current known APIs. Let us know if you create a new one!
- uri-meta a gem for ruby
To request and support new features for MetaURI, please visit our suggestions page.